Download Altap Salamander 3.06
Download latest version of Altap Salamander file manager. You can run fully functional version for 30 days for free. After the expiration of this evaluation period, you are welcomed to purchase a commercial version of Altap Salamander. You will not need to reinstall, just import your Registration Keys.
Language versions: English, Czech, Dutch, French, German, Hungarian, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, and Spanish languages are included.
System requirements: Any PC running Microsoft Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, or 2000 (both 32-bit and 64-bit versions).Release Notes
Upgrade from Version 2.0 and 2.5 to 3.0
Which Altap Salamander version should I install: the 64-bit or 32-bit version?
- To install a 64-bit version of Altap Salamander you need a 64-bit version of Windows.
- You can install a 32-bit version of Altap Salamander to both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows.
- It is perfectly fine to install both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Altap Salamander on 64-bit Windows.
- The registration key is valid for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Altap Salamander.
- Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Altap Salamander are sharing the same configuration.
- Running 32-bit Altap Salamander on 64-bit Windows has several drawbacks:
- Context menu displayed for files and directories will be different comparing to context menu displayed from Windows Explorer. Reason: 32-bit applications can't load 64-bit shell extensions.
- Altap Salamander will show different content for directory %windir%\System32 comparing to Windows Explorer. Reason: part of emulation layer for running 32-bit applications on 64-bit Windows is redirecting access to this directory. See File System Redirector article for more details.
- Altap Salamander will show different content for registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software comparing to Windows Registry Editor. Reason: part of emulation layer for running 32-bit applications on 64-bit Windows is redirecting access to this registry key. See Registry Redirector article for more details.
- Unfortunately WinSCP plugin is missing in 64-bit Altap Salamander, so it is a good idea also install 32-bit version of Altap Salamander. We hope Martin Prikryl (WinSCP author) will be able to prepare 64-bit version of WinSCP plugin.