Altap Salamander 2.52 Changelog
Release date: August 31, 2009
List of most important changes in Altap Salamander 2.52 since version 2.51
- New Password Manager with option to protect your passwords with Master Password.
- Up to 7x faster Compare Directories (by content) command for files on the same disk.
- Backward compatibility for 2.5 and 2.51 plugins.
- Panel contents are refreshed even if Salamander's window is not active.
- Better handling of encrypted files (EFS) and files with alternate data stream (ADS).
- Fixes and improvements related to Fast User Switching and Terminal Services (Remote Desktop).
- Better support for mouse wheel (wheel tilting, new shortcuts).
- New command line parameters.
- New plugin for browsing network (network neighborhood) directly in panel.
- New DiskMap plugin: used disk space analyzer and visualizer.
- New UnCHM plugin: extractor of Microsoft Compiled HTML Help archives.
- FTP plugin: option to encrypt passwords with AES-256 (uses new Password Manager).
- FTP plugin: Support for TLS FTP (also known as FTPS or FTPES with AUTH TLS).
- FTP plugin: Support for ZLIB compression (MODE Z).
- UnISO plugin: Added support for Apple Hierachical File System Plus (HFS+).
- TAR plugin: Added support for Debian packages .DEB.
- File Comparator can compare Unicode files now.
- 7-Zip plugin: updated to 7z 4.65.
- ZIP plugin can create files with size over 4GB.
- WinSCP plugin updated to latest WinSCP version.
- Checksum plugin: SHA1 and SHA256 hashes are supported.
- PictView supports autorotation when viewing JPEGs or digital camera RAW files with EXIF.
Altap Salamander changes since 2.52 beta 2
- Drive Information Line: fixed disk size detection for large disks.
- Hot Paths can contain variables such as $(WinDir), $(SysDir), $(SalDir), or $[EnvironmentVariable] for better Salamander portability.
Checkver plugin changes since 2.52 beta 2
- Plugin was updated, can inform about updated or new plugins.