Servant Salamander 2.5 beta 6 Changelog
Release date: August 31, 2004
- Disconnect (F12) dialog box was improved: you can disconnect from file systems such as WinSCP or FTP.
- In the configuration you can suppress confirmation 'The directory doesn't exist. Do you want to create it?'. This confirmation appears when you create multiple directories together (aaa\bbb\ccc).
- Pack (Alt+F5) command was improved: if target archive already exists, you can overwrite it.
- When the left or right panel is Zoomed (Zoom Ctrl+F11 command), you can use the TAB key to switch between panels.
- Directory Line: you can single click last part of current path to choose the Change Directory command.
- Compare Directories: you can compare against file systems such as WinSCP or FTP. When comparing by contents, estimated total progress is displayed.
- New view mode: 'Tiles' with 48x48 icons. Only simple icons are displayed in this version of Servant Salamander.
- We fixed almost 20 reported bugs and made about 15 small improvements in the Servant Salamander core.
New FTP Client plugin
- This version of FTP plugin is only preview version. It means that it is incomplete, we are still working on it.
- The most important missing features are View (F3 key), Copy to FTP server (also called upload), and Quick Rename (F2 key).
- Plugin supports active and passive transfer modes. Proxies and SSL sockets will be supported in future.
- Please test browsing of your favorite FTP servers in panel and Delete, Change Attributes, and Copy from FTP server (also called download) operations.
- Unfinished options and buttons are disabled, all other should work well.
- Enjoy this preview version and let us know if you encounter anything strange or not working (except missing features described here). Thanks!
New 7-Zip plugin
- Support for packing and unpacking 7-Zip (*.7z) archives.
- 7z format supports LZMA compression with very good compression ratio.
- Look at www.7-zip.org for more information about 7-Zip.
New Undelete plugin
- You can recover deleted files from NTFS, and FAT 12, 16, 32 partitions.
- Support for recovering compressed (NTFS based) files.
- This version cannot recover encrypted (NTFS based) files.
Eroiica Viewer plugin
- DXF, DWG: Better support of fonts
- MS Word: Complex formatting fixed
- WMF, EMF: Background of texts
- PDF, PS: Various improvements
- Faster response in thumbnail-mode
- HPGL: clipping & rotation fixed
- Improved EXIF support & thumbnail-extraction
- Format & compression options on saving
- Saving as CCITT G4 TIFF
- Faster and better display