Use this dialog to calculate CRC32, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512 checksums of files. You can save these checksums to a file for later verification of integrity of the files.
To calculate checksums:
- Select the files and directories (all files in selected directories are taken) for which you want to calculate CRC32, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, or SHA-512 checksums.
- Open the Calculate Checksums dialog box:
Menu: Plugins/Checksum/Calculate Checksums...
- Please note that this dialog is not modal (i.e. is not blocking), so you can continue in your work in Altap Salamander while the checksums are being calculated.
- When the checksums are ready, you can see them in the CRC, MD5, SHA-1, SHA-256, and SHA-512 columns.
NOTE: Not all columns might be visible (not all types of checksums might be calculated), depending on the Configuration.
- To copy a checksum of a specific file to the clipboard, use the right mouse click on the filename.
- Use the Save button to save the checksums to a file for later verification of the checksums. Select the desired format in the Save Checksum File dialog box that pops up.
- Click the Close button to close the dialog box.