Create Encrypted Archive
Use this dialog to set up parameters for creation of encrypted archive.
- Use key file
- When checked, the files will be encrypted using a key file. Otherwise they will be encrypted using a password. See How It Works for details on passwords and key files.
- Enter the password for key file
- If you want to use the key file and it is protected by a password, you can enter this password here. See Use key file for details.
- Enter a password
- If you want to use the password, enter it here. See Use key file for details.
- Type the password again to confirm
- If you want to use the password and hide typing of it, enter the same password here again for confirmation (entering the password twice should recover any typing error). See Use key file and Hide typing of passwords for details.
- Hide typing of passwords
- When checked, you will type the passwords invisibly (same color of text and its background). No one can read such passwords from your screen, unfortunately neither you, so to avoid typing errors you need to type the same password again (the plugin compares both passwords and warns if they are different). When not checked, typing of passwords is visible, so you can check them against typing errors. Use this only when you are sure that no one else can read passwords from your screen.
- Archive comment (optional)
- Archive comment is stored as plain text (not encrypted), so anyone can read it from encrypted archive.
- Encryption: Change
- You can see here the chosen encryption algorithm, password hash algorithm, level of compression, and cipher mode. If you want to change any of them, click the Change button. See How It Works for details.
- Indicator of collected unpredictable values
- To create secure archive the plugin needs to collect unpredictable values to seed the random number generator. If the indicator is not full, move mouse pointer randomly or press any keys until it's full. See How It Works for details.