Finding Duplicate Files
Duplicate files can be found in the Find dialog box. You can choose what criteria must two files fulfill to be considered as duplicates. It can be any combination of following criteria: the same name, the same size, and the same content. Found duplicate files are displayed in the Found Items list. Items with the same background color are duplicates.
To find duplicate files:
- Open the directory from which you want to start the search.
- Open the Find dialog box:
Menu: Commands/Find Files and Directories... Shortcut key: Alt+F7 or Ctrl+F Toolbar: Choose the Find Files and Directories button on the Top, Middle, or Bottom toolbar.
- Specify the search parameters (mainly Named and Look in) to find all files among which you want to find duplicates. See Finding Files and Directories for details on these search parameters.
- Open the Find Duplicate Files dialog box:
Find menu: Commands/Find Duplicate Files... Shortcut key: Ctrl+D Drop-down menu on the Find Now button: Find Duplicate Files...
- Specify what criteria must two files fulfill to be considered as duplicates.
- Choose the OK button.