Calculate Occupied Space
Use this dialog box to see the total size, occupied disk space, and other information about selected files and directories. You can also estimate the needed space on disk with the given cluster size.
Dialog Box Options
- Total size
- Total size of all selected files and directories (all files in directories).
- Occupied disk space
- The smallest allocation unit on a disk is a cluster. Each file occupies a disk space which is a multiple of the cluster size. Occupied disk space is total disk size occupied by selected files and directories.
- Disk space utilization
- It is a ratio between the total size and the occupied disk space.
- Total compressed size
- When you have compressed files on NTFS volume (see NTFS section in File Systems), you can see here the compressed file size.
- Compress ratio
- It is a ratio between the total compressed size and the total size.
- Estimate needed space
- For cluster size
- Specify the cluster size of a disk where you want to estimate a space needed for storing all selected files and directories. This value is preset to the cluster size of a disk in the inactive panel.
- Estimated space
- Estimated space for storing all selected files and directories.
- Cluster utilization
- It is a ratio between the total size and the estimated space.