Servant Salamander 2.5 beta 8 Changelog
Release date: March 25, 2005
- Options for Copy and Move operations:
- Preserve Archive, Compressed, and Encrypted attributes.
- Preserve owners and permissions (not inherited) on NTFS drives.
- Preserve dates and times of directories.
- Reparse points (Volume mount points, Junction points) icons are displayed with shortcut overlay.
- Operation masks are compatible with Windows 2000 shell: "a.b" + "*.*.c" = "a.b.c".
- Save/Load Selection command: selection can be saved/loaded using Windows Clipboard instead of internal buffer. This feature can be used for exporting selected names to Clipboard or to select names stored in Clipboard.
- Make File List command: archives and file systems can be listed.
- Make File List: you can export list to Windows Clipboard, Internal Text Viewer, or to the file.
- Make File List: new variables File Name Part and File Extension Part.
- Painting and scrolling speed was optimized in internal text viewer.
- Compare Directories: new option Compare attributes of subdirectories.
- Copy/Move operations with "Overwrite older and skip other" options was optimized and is four times quicker.
- Servant Salamander can be started even after expiration.
FTP Client plugin
- This version of FTP plugin is only preview version. It means that it is incomplete, we are still working on it.
- Create Directory command was implemented.
- Quick Rename command (F2 key) was implemented.
- Link overlay for icons of links on UNIX servers.
- Better support for UNIX ftp server. It handles also German date-format on HP-UNIX now.
- The most important missing feature is Copy to FTP server (also called upload). We are working on it now, we will publish new version as soon as we finish it.
- Plugin supports active and passive transfer modes. Proxies and SSL sockets will be supported in future.
- Please test browsing of your favorite FTP servers in panel and Delete, Change Attributes, View files, Copy from FTP server (also called download), Create Directory, and Quick Rename (F2 key) commands.
- Unfinished options and buttons are disabled, all other should work well.
- Enjoy this preview version and let us know if you encounter anything strange or not working (except missing features described here). Thanks!
- Upgraded to WinSCP 3.7.4.
- Progress of each background transfer is shown in separate window.
- Support for IPv6.
- SFTP protocol optimization (speed up to 500%).
- Support for UNC paths.
- New Copy To command.
- Support of FUJI digital camera RAW format *.RAF.
- Support of MJPEG QuickTime *.MOV format (used by Nikon... for "videos"), only 1st frame extracted.
- Fixed crash on saving 4-bit GIFs.
- Added saving 32bit PiNGs.
- Added saving transparent color to paletted PiNGs and GIFs.
- Fixed wrong colors and rashes on reading Adobe Photoshop PSD format.
- Fixed support of corrupted EXIF User comment tag.
Eroiica Viewer plugin
- Support of thumbnails embedded to PDF files.
- Major upgrade of CGM filter.
- Numerous fixes in PDF, Word, HPGL, WMF, EMF.
- Support for restoring (deleted) encrypted files on NTFS drives.