Altap Salamander 3.07 Changelog
Release date: June 28, 2016
- Internal viewer: added Go To Offset command to menu View (Ctrl+G).
- Support for OneDrive Business accounts.
- OneDrive: fixed icon in Change Drive menu.
- Updated paths to OneDrive and Dropbox directories.
- OpenSSL upgraded to 1.0.2h for security bug fixes.
- Improved Windows 10 support.
- Several major improvements in Windows shutdown handling. Solves problems involving corrupted Salamander configuration.
- Finished French and Dutch translations.
- Pack and Delete (move to archive): disabled for links to directories.
- Junction points with read-only attribute could be deleted.
- Find Files and Directories: directories in which you start the search cannot be ignored.
- Archivers Autoconfiguration and Create Directory: fixed problems on too long paths.
- Drive Information: added Volume mount point, Volume GUID path, and Bytes per cluster fields. Tab key can be used to focus desired fields.
- Calculate Occupied Space: added 64KB, 128KB, and 256KB clusters.
- Support for treating symbolic links to files like common files.
- Improved handling of symbolic links in Convert, Find Files and Directories, and Email commands.
- Find Files and Directories and Command Line: better long path shortener.
- Improved plugins multithreading model during closing plugin, closing handles, or waiting for forced plugin shutdown.
- Sanitized file name input in Copy and Move, Edit New File, Change Directory, Create Directory, and Quick Rename commands (beginning and trailing spaces and dots).
- Internal Viewer: fixed several bugs in situation when viewed file changed and was reloaded.
- Internal Viewer: fixed painting errors after changing font.
- Better delete file handling when file has read-only attribute or is target of multiple hardlinks.
- Cleaning old TEMP directory on Altap Salamander start: Focus button is available to review deleted files.
- 7-Zip engine upgraded to latest version 16.02. Solves several security issues.
- Reading of directory tree in modeless window.
- Several speed optimizations, plugin is now prepared for large directories.
- Improved SVF, MD5, SH1 format detection.
- Fixed random crash when viewed file changed.
- Clean Free Disk Space: New method "Zeros overwrite" fills free disk space. Use for example before backuping disk image to get smaller compressed output.
- Support for volume mount points. It is possible to clean volume mounted to directory on another volume.
- Symbolic links supported.
- Warning message when attempt to shred files on SSD drive is detected.
- Support for SUBST paths resolving.
- Fixed handling of too long paths.
FTP Client plugin
- Improved download speed.
- Better OpenSSL DLL loading, should solve "not found" problems on some systems.
- Several GUI fixes.
Internet Explorer Viewer
- Rendering with current IE engine instead of Quirks mode.
- Support for IE 11.
- High DPI support, GPU acceleration.
Portable Executable Viewer
- New PE Viewer configuration (in Options > Plugin Configuration). It is possible to choose which sections will be displayed.
- Support for new subsystems.
- Support for new flags in DLL Characteristics.
- Added Load Configuration Directory dumper (for now only SecurityCookie /GS).
- Added several parsers and dumpers: resource section parser, manifest, StringFileInfo, VS_FIXEDFILEINFO, .NET assembly, CLR header, target .NET Framework.
- Support for scanning with WIA 1.0 from x64 Altap Salamander build.
- Support for scanning multiple pages.
- Several bug fixes in file name handling.
- Fixed several bugs causing crashes (long file paths names, NULL handles, ...).
- Improved stability: fixed long path handling.
- Command Options > Last used now sets Include Subdirectories option.
Split and Combine plugin
- Support for symbolic links.
- Fixed handling of too long paths.
- Improved GZip archive handling.
- exFAT support.
- Improved error handling.
- Support for undeleting partially recoverable files.
- New options in Undelete dialog box: Show files with zero size, Show empty directories, and Show partition metadata.
- Metafiles on FAT and exFAT.
- Fixed problem with All Deleted Files virtual folder on FAT: different files with the same name were displayed just once.
- Deleted overlay icons.
- Fixed support for NTFS sparse files with sparse data runs within valid data runs.
- Implemented context menu.
- Data Runs encoding and decoding refactored.
- NTFS: Support for 512B MFT resident clusters.
- NTFS: support for compressed files encoded into multiple sparse runs inside one compression unit.
- NTFS: reading of Bitmap is now included into progress.
- NTFS and exFAT: improved (20x) bitmap reading speed.
- Improved long path handling.
- Improved support for zip64.
- When packing symbolic links to files, packing progress was not shown properly.