Select the algorithms for encryption and password hashing, level of compression, and cipher mode on this tab. See Configuring Plugins for general information about configuration.
- Encryption algorithm, key size
- Select the preferred algorithm for encryption. See How It Works for description of available algorithms.
- Password hash algorithm
- Select the preferred algorithm for password hashing. The plugin uses selected hash algorithm to convert a password to a binary key used by encryption algorithm. See How It Works for description of available algorithms.
- Choose the level of ZIP compression (Deflate algorithm) here. Deflate 0 means no compression (fast), Deflate 9 means the highest compression (slowest).
- Cipher mode
- The plugin supports two modes: ECB (Electronic Codebook) and CBC (Cipher Block Chaining). CBC is more secure. ECB is more resistent to errors in encrypted data. See How It Works for details on ECB and CBC.