Select the algorithms for encryption and password hashing, level of compression, and cipher mode in this dialog. You can preset these values on the Encryption tab in the Configuration dialog.
- Encryption algorithm, key size
- Select the algorithm for encryption. See How It Works for description of available algorithms.
- Password hash algorithm
- Select the algorithm for password hashing. The plugin uses selected hash algorithm to convert a password to a binary key used by encryption algorithm. See How It Works for description of available algorithms.
- Choose the level of ZIP compression (Deflate algorithm) here. Deflate 0 means no compression (fast), Deflate 9 means the highest compression (slowest).
- Cipher mode
- The plugin supports two modes: ECB (Electronic Codebook) and CBC (Cipher Block Chaining). CBC is more secure. ECB is more resistent to errors in encrypted data. See How It Works for details on ECB and CBC.