Creating Key File
Use this command to create a key file. See How It Works for details on key files.
To create a key file:
- Open the Create Key dialog box:
Menu: Plugins/Encrypt & Decrypt/Create a Key...
- To create a key file the plugin needs to collect unpredictable values to seed the random number generator. See the indicator on the top of the dialog, move the mouse pointer randomly or press any keys until it's full.
- If you want to protect the key with password (it's recommended), check the Use an additional password to protect the key box and enter (and confirm) your password.
- If you want to, you can enter a comment to the key. It is stored as a plain text (it is not encrypted).
- Choose the OK button to open the Save Key dialog.
- Enter the filename for the key.
- Choose the Save button to write the key to specified filename.