Limiting the Files and Directories to Display
You can hide some files and directories in the panel. It can make the work much easier because you can focus only on important files and directories (all others can be hidden). You have two options how to do it: define a filter or hide selected (or unselected) names. The filter affects only files. Only files matching the filter mask will be displayed, all others will be hidden. The filter is persistent, so you can change directory in panel and the filter is still active. On the contrary, when you hide selected (or unselected) files, it's applied only to the current directory. So if you change directory in the panel, you will see all names again.
To define a filter for files displayed in the panel:
- Open the Filter dialog box:
Menu: Choose Left/Filter... for the left panel or Right/Filter... for the right panel. Shortcut key: Ctrl+F12 Toolbar: Choose the Filter button on the Top, Middle, or panel toolbar.
- In the Filter dialog box, use the Use filter box to limit displayed
files to files matching specified file masks.
Select Do not use filter button to display all filenames.
- Choose the OK button.
- You can stop using the filter also by clicking on the filter icon () in the Directory Line and choosing Do Not Use Filter from displayed context menu.
To hide selected (or unselected) files and directories displayed in the panel:
- Select files and directories which you want to hide (or which should remain visible).
- Use the Hide Selected Names (or Hide Unselected Names) command from menu Edit/Advanced or Top or Middle toolbar.
- If you want to see all names again, use the Show Hidden Names command from menu Edit/Advanced or Top or Middle toolbar. Or click on the filter icon () in the Directory Line and choose Show Hidden Names from displayed context menu.